Clé de Peau Beauté is a Japanese luxury cosmetics brand that branched out from its parent company, Shiseido. Clé de Peau Beauté screams luxury and elegance with their approach to skin cell science to create the best formulation for their products.
Just like its parent company, Clé de Peau Beauté is highly regarded for its innovation in cosmetics through science and intense testing of its products. The brand offers a wide array of products as well from skincare all the way to makeup products
In this article, we will review Clé de Peau Beauté, a popular luxury Japanese cosmetics brand that has been around longer than most of the known cosmetics household brands that we all know.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started with the review of Clé de Peau Beauté!
Clé de Peau Beauté Review
Overview Of Clé de Peau Beauté
There would be no Clé de Peau Beauté without Shiseido, the oldest cosmetics company in the world. Shiseido started out as a pharmacy in Ginza, Tokyo, but they later switched it up to cosmetics to cater to the needs of the Japanese people during that time.
Clé de Peau Beauté is a French phrase that means “The Key to Skin’s Beauty”. Their philosophy revolves around skin intelligence and the smart approach to discerning the positive factors and the negative factors to create a perfect condition for the face.
Shiseido asserted dominance in the cosmetics industry in Japan with a wide array of makeup products that are very popular all across Japan. Shortly thereafter, Shiseido started acquiring companies and expanded to other brands. This paved the creation for Clé de Peau Beauté.
Clé de Peau Beauté was established 40 years ago in 1982 with the purpose of taking cosmetics to a whole different level as one of Japan’s very first luxury cosmetics brands during that time. Clé de Peau Beauté incorporated intensive scientific research and the developments made by Shiseido for decades to create the best and most elegant product line.
The attention to detail and continuous research in Clé de Peau Beauté gave birth to their signature and exclusive ingredient “Illuminating Complex EX” which helps repair environmental skin damage and beautify the skin. The signature ingredient is said to add firmness to the skin and avoids dryness whatever the situation you’re in.
A few more examples of the ingredients in most of the products in Clé de Peau Beauté are Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Unshiu peel extract, Retinyl Acetate, Serine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Leaf Extract. Glycerine, Squalane, etc.
Just like Shiseido, Clé de Peau Beauté stands against cruel animal testing for products and since Shiseido ended animal testing in 2013 onwards, Clé de Peau Beauté also followed suit and is now completely cruelty-free.
Quick Facts About Clé de Peau Beauté
Founded: 1982, Japan
Headquarters: 390 Madison Avenue, New York City
What’s special about Clé de Peau Beauté: Luxury cosmetics brand with highly innovative makeup products through advanced skin-cell science.
Popular Products: Clé de Peau Beauté Brilliant Enhancer, Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer, Radiant Corrector for Eyes, Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Blushes, Radiant Cushion Foundation, Radiant Lip Gloss, Intensifying Liquid Eyeliner
Fun Fact: Clé de Peau Beauté is a subsidiary of Shiseido
Is Clé de Peau Beauté Legit?
Clé de Peau Beauté is a subsidiary company of Shiseido, and we all know that Shiseido is a well-established cosmetics company not only in Japan but in the entire world. Their fleet of companies and brands like Clé de Peau Beauté is more than enough to prove that they are the real deal.
The product reviews for Clé de Peau Beauté online are overwhelmingly positive, mostly about praises of how fast the products showed a positive change in their skin complexion and overall appearance.
In terms of logistics, Clé de Peau Beauté is available worldwide just like Shiseido. Shipping time differs depending on your selected logistics partner and place of residence. There might be a few occasions of late deliveries, but it wasn’t a common recurrence in the reviews of the patrons who opted to get their Clé de Peau Beauté products online and delivered.
Where To Buy Clé de Peau Beauté
Since Clé de Peau Beauté is a luxury brand, it is advisable to go to a Clé de Peau Beauté flagship store near you or any specialty cosmetics shop that has Clé de Peau Beauté to check the products physically before anything else.
However, if going to a flagship store or a specialty cosmetics boutique is not an option for you. There are other ways to get your hands on Clé de Peau Beauté products. Of course, it is available online, but the stocks might run out quickly since it is a luxury brand.
Amazon is the best place online to grab your Clé de Peau Beauté products with various on-site promos and discounts that will save you a lot of money. Clé de Peau Beauté Amazon shop virtually has every product ready to order depending on availability and stocks.
You can also opt to shop on Clé de Peau Beauté’s official site and order it from there. However, this is only available for select regions and countries. You can also use their site to locate the nearest Clé de Peau Beauté store near you.
Reviews Of Popular Clé de Peau Beauté Products
- Clé de Peau Beauté Brilliant Enhancer
- This one is very convenient because it has a brush tip and a click pen applicator which makes it easy to bring along with you anywhere you go.
- Contains Argan Tree Oil which provides a smoother application and wear. The product also has moisturizing agents like Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, and Theanine which makes the face smoother and healthier.
- The product contains perfume ingredients like fragrance and Citronellol which makes it not advisable to use if you have sensitive skin.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer
- Another versatile product from Clé de Peau Beauté, their concealer works well for covering up blemishes, spots, and even redness around the nose. You can literally do a lot of things with this concealer.
- It also has SPF 25 sun protection which gives you more confidence to go on a walk outside on a sunny day without worrying about your face that much.
- The product contains Titanium Dioxide which serves as a sunscreen. It also has moisturizing agents like Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, and Butylene Glycol which helps in softening the skin.
- The concealer also has fragrances and Paraffin which could irritate the skin if you have sensitive or dry skin.
- Radiant Corrector for Eyes
- For the stressed ladies out there, the Radiant Corrector for Eyes will surely lighten the dark circles under your eyes with minimal application and effort. With a brush applicator, it makes it so convenient and easy to apply.
- They have a lot of shades for this one depending on your skin tone and complexion.
- The product has Glycerin and Butylene Glycol which are ingredients that suit people with dry skin better. Although the product is not advisable to use if you have oily skin because of Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, and Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Product also has an anti-aging agent in the form of Tocopheryl Acetate which also contains Vitamin E.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Blushes
- Cream blushes have this negative connotation of being too wet-looking or too shiny at times but Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Blushes are completely the opposite of that.
- The creamy blush colors blend perfectly on the skin and unlike the other blushes, they stay on for such a long time no matter the climate or occasion.
- The product is also equipped with UV protection in the form of Titanium Dioxide. It also has Glycerin and Jojoba Esters which help in moisturizing the skin.
- The Cream Blushes also contain fragrances and Citronellol which might cause irritation if you have dry or sensitive skin.
- Radiant Lip Gloss
- With a glossy and elegant shine without the sticky feeling, the Radiant Lip Gloss is a definite must-have because of the colors that fit perfectly with any lip shape or color. It gives off a beautiful shine too at the end which completes the look.
- Contains vital oil-extracts like Argan Tree Oil and Safflower Oil which helps in preventing dry and chapped lips when the product is applied. These ingredients make it inclusive for more lip types and condition.
- The lip gloss also has Light Focusing Oil which aid in making the lips look more plump and defined.
Clé de Peau Beauté Review
If you want to take it a step higher with your makeup collection, Clé de Peau Beauté is the best way to go. The prices might be a bit steeper than other brands but the quality and effort that goes behind each product speak for themselves.
I hope that this review has been helpful in giving you an honest and thorough review of Clé de Peau Beauté, its history, how to buy its products, and some of its famous products in the market right now.
See you in our next posts!